Latest news, snow, pics, gossip and information from the locals in La Tania – latania.co.uk
All the latest news from around the 3 Valleys from the La Tania locals. A real blog since 2006, not just endless re-posts for search engine optimisaton! Photos, gossip, snow reports, what's on and all the latest on the Apres Ski scene... Now fully optimised for iPhone, Touch and Android Mobiles - just go to latania.co.uk/blog and view on your phone. Our other past blogs & favourites here
Courchevel Plans for Outdoor Activities, Ski Area Access & Services during lift closure
Courchevel is making additional plans to welcome visitors until the French government allow ski lifts to re-open. This includes a total of 85 outdoor activities, ski touring arrangements, resort entertainments and a coordination of all the restaurants offering takeaways and click & collect options.
The Tourist Office, Mairee and Activity Providers all coming together and ensuring optimal safety for all as a priority. Resort entertainments are currently being discussed to make sure there can be some events in a Covid secure environment.
The free resort shuttle buses commence on 14 December. See timetables here
Les P’tits Pralins crêche and day care centre in Courchevel 1650 Moriond starts up from 13 December.
The 87 km of footpaths and snowshoes will be groomed and the Nordic ski trails will be maintained and accessible.
Ski Touring on certain routes selected in consultation with S3V will be allowed. This is so their work on maintenance and piste grooming can be carried out safely without endangering skiers. Certain slopes on the ski area, in addition to the Millet /Ski Touring tracks (below), will therefore be authorised while others will remain strictly prohibited.
From 23 December, the Millet Ski Touring will have additional opening every day from 10:00 to 15:00 until the opening of the ski lifts.
Animations and activities are being adapted to be Covid secure to include the following:
• Santa Claus appearance on 22 December in La Tania, Le Praz, 1550 & 1650 on 23rd and 1850 on 24th.
• Fireworks display on New Year’s Eve with the theme “Disney Orchestra” from the summit of Plantrey.
• A Treasure Hunt downloadable on your SmartPhone.
• Plus further activities offered on the snow fronts to be confirmed.
The following activities are being discussed and are awaiting authorisation:
• Opening of the Ice Rink.
• 1850 Toboggan run (between Courchevel 1850 and Courchevel Village) accessible with more shuttles.
• Courchevel 1850 and Courchevel Moriond ESF Crêches.
• Guided non-skiing activities such as Snow Shoeing, Cross Country Skiing, Organised Mountain Hikes etc.
Well done to all involved, trying their best to make something of this awful situation.