La Tania Job Of The Week - Sponsored by Cool Ski Jobs
Chalet Couple Required in 1550
Chalet couple needed for family-owned Chalet Hyberna in Courchevel 1550 for the 2018 season.
• Offering warm hospitality and looking after guests during their stay
• Creating a weekly menu to include breakfast with cooked option from 8.30am, homemade cake to be left for guests tea time, and an evening meal 5 days a week
• Canapés or amuse-bouche at least twice a week
• Preparing, laying out, plating up and clearing of all meals, greeting daily at 4pm with fire lit. Bed turn down service at night when guests are eating in chalet.
• Daily cleaning and tidying of the chalet (making beds, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and any shared space in the chalet)
• Weekly cleaning of chalet on change-over day, preparing for the arrival of new guests, laundry
• Cleaning and maintaining the hot tub
• Weekly shopping for food in Moutiers, according to a budget and guest levels, compiling an expense sheet and uploading receipts (excel)
• Clearing snow and ice from steps, paths and parking spots
• Occasional driving of guests to and from ski lifts – pick up of family from airport
• Arranging and delivering list passes to guests as required
• Ad-hoc other duties as required
The chef must be passionate about rustic food, ideally trained, and happy to design his or her own menu within a budget. With a maximum of 11 to cook for, the chef must be able to add some creative garnishes and plate up beautifully. Although we expect a high level of cooking, we don’t ask our chefs to spend all day in the kitchen, this position is highly sought-after as you will get plenty of time to ski. The food should be a good standard of home cooking, not haute cuisine.
The chalet host will be professional, presentable and friendly, and their role will involve looking after guests, making them feel welcome and happy in the chalet that will become their home for the week. Your main role will involve maintaining extremely high standards of cleanliness, which will involve daily cleaning throughout the chalet. You will also be “front of house” at meals, ensuring that the quality of the food delivered by the chef is matched by your levels of service. You will both need a passport, a UK National Insurance Number, and at least one of you will hold a clean, valid drivers’ licence and be over the age of 25 (for car insurance purposes).
Package is 3K euros for the couple for the month.
3 Valleys ski pass
All food and drink
Self-contained room with kitchenette and bathroom
Please apply via email to email email@example.com with 2 x CVs , cover note and 3 day menu plan, photo and date of birth, and last reference.
page last updated 24/01/18
ACCOMMODATION, AGENCIES & MANAGEMENT