Latest news, snow, pics, gossip and information from the locals in La Tania – latania.co.uk
All the latest news from around the 3 Valleys from the La Tania locals. A real blog since 2006, not just endless re-posts for search engine optimisaton! Photos, gossip, snow reports, what's on and all the latest on the Apres Ski scene... Now fully optimised for iPhone, Touch and Android Mobiles - just go to latania.co.uk/blog and view on your phone. Our other past blogs & favourites here
La Tania Snow Front Development Update: Swimming Pool stays, both new lifts for public use and a new sledge run…
As far as we can tell this is all now signed off and the go ahead has been given with building permits approved for the construction of the 2 new covered magic carpet / travelator type lifts and the removal of the Troika drag lift and the 2 small, uncovered travelator lifts.
Key points on the diagram above
- Separation of the Folyères Piste from the new beginners area providing an excellent facility for first time skiers and young children.
- Both lifts are for public use.
- The ESF will have exclusive use of the area on the skiers right of the new magic carpet lifts (red arrows).
- Public access to beginners area on the skiers left of the carpet lifts (blue arrows).
- The purple area is for a new sledging area (purple arrows).
- Snow cannons will be moved and new ones put in place to help distribute cannoned snow (dual and single cannons marked on the diagram above).
- No raising of the piste so easy access maintained around Le Farcon / Ski Lodge and to Tourist Office etc.
- Swimming Pool to stay in place.
The approval document states “the project was developed guaranteeing access to services and shops in the resort center while retaining the use of public equipment such as the swimming pool”.